Managing Director of Reflection PR, recently shared her 17 years of PR and marketing experience with UK Customer Experience finalists.
Partnering with Awards International, the webinar aims to inspire finalists to maximise opportunities for business growth gained through awards. The webinar focuses on how to promote your success externally and also improve your organisation internally.
Having helped clients to write award entries for more than a decade, Suzy has seen first-hand the power of awards.
Did you know:
More than 70% of consumers are influenced by awards when buying products and services? (The Institute of Sales & Marketing Management)
Here are Suzy’s top tips for utilising awards to grow your business:
1. Make your PR and marketing communication stand out from the crowd
To maximise opportunities for attracting new customers and building your reputation, make certain your stakeholders are aware of your success. Being award winning never gets old and provides evergreen content.
To make sure your story is heard in the media:
- Create a compelling press release by telling your story with a news worthy hook
- Target the most influential media for your business; both regional, national and trade
- Set yourself apart from your competitors by adding the awards logo to marketing collateral and tenders.
2. Encourage conversation using digital channels
With 94% of B2B buyers researching purchasing decisions online, digital channels are a great opportunity to create engaging content showcasing your awards.
Maximise online opportunities through:
- Adding the awards logo to your webpage and email signature giving your business kudos
- Blogging about your experience and explaining what you have learnt
- Using social media to share your success with images making content engaging
- Sending an e-shot to all existing customers/clients and encouraging social media engagement.
3. Motivate staff by communicating your success internally
Awards not only raise awareness of your company’s achievements externally but also improve employee engagement by involving the whole team in your ambitions. Companies with engaged employees outperform those without by up to 202%.
Utilise your awards success internally by:
- Using your intranet to share awards success
- Rewarding your employees for their achievement and boosting morale by taking time out to celebrate as a team
- Sharing best practices learnt during the awards process
- Aiding recruitment drives by promoting your awards success during the application process.
4. Enhance your business plan
Benchmark your business using judges’ feedback and develop best practices through learning from your peers.
Use this experience to:
- Brainstorm new ideas inspired by your competitors
- Develop your business plan by considering the judges feedback
- Connect with contacts made at the event and broaden your network.
Listen to Suzy’s webinar below for more tips on how to build a PR and marketing strategy to maximise on your awards success.